Monday, November 08, 2004

Plans, etc.

Okay, I’m gonna need places to stay around the country. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I may as well start looking into this idea of searching the countryside for Bush supporters now. They shouldn’t be that hard to find. I’ll be having Thanksgiving dinner with at least five of them. I’m not quite sure of my goals. Maybe this quest will be more about the journey than the destination, as most worthwhile undertakings are.

As one would expect, everyone I know with some space for me to rest is in a “left leaning” zone. That thought brings up another problem that I’ve come across; leaving to go live where there are more people like yourself. I hear that kind of talk now more than ever. Wouldn’t it be more helpful to move where there are less people like you? Here’s where I start to have some conflicting thoughts. My first instinct is to move into these areas of closed-minded populations to maybe spread some ideas that may be new to them. Ideas like maybe how good morals can include, among other things, NOT killing innocent people in the crossfire of an unjustified war. But then I start to think of a parallel between spreading the ideas of half of the country to the other half, and spreading the ideas of democracy from one country to another culturally different one. Who is to say which way is the right way to live? For some, the answer to that last question is, “God.” How can you argue with blind faith?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home