Saturday, January 15, 2005

In no particular order...

I want people to stop killing themselves. I want to get my glasses fixed. I want shoes that don’t squeak. I want to make art for me, not to show her I’m doing fine. I want to get out while I still can. I want to stop forgetting all those ideas. I want to call Kristin tomorrow. I want to eat better. I want someone to remind me to buy boots again. I want to live a moment as romantic as ones we lived in 1989. I want people to take responsibility for their own actions. I want the state of living in denial to disappear. I want us to send mail to each other. I want to be mobile. I want to make you smile because I did something good, something nice, not something funny. I want to feel like going out after work. I want to be in the same room as Kelli. I want to find you all new jobs. I want to do my laundry tomorrow. I want to fuck a friend, not a lover. I want to be on time. I want to stop saying goodbye. I want things to work as advertised. I want to cure my friends of having to live hand to mouth. I want to stop censoring myself. I want to acknowledge the beauty of a woman who, faced with one bad break after another, still manages to send me a Christmas card with little stars stuck to the envelope. I want to take a shower. I want to know those thousand words that are worth a picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home