Monday, January 17, 2005

Inconvenience.

I went to a funeral yesterday. It took about 45 minutes to get there. 45 minutes at the funeral home. Maybe 10 to 15 minutes of that were taken by actually greeting relatives that I haven’t seen in years. It took me two and a half hours to get home. A couple minutes out of four hours, and it was worth every second. When I was very young, my mother explained to me that funerals weren’t for the deceased. My cousin Ian died at the age of 43. The warm hug Ian’s father met me with informed me it was probably a good idea to show up. His hug goodbye, as the procession lined up directed towards the cemetery, confirmed that it was worth the cold, the traffic, the trains, the detours, the MTA. Inconvenience does not apply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home