Tuesday, February 22, 2005

See people.

When I think of someone I know, the image of that person appears in my mind. I think that’s a common process. There are a few people that I can’t see. Maybe time away makes some fade. Sometimes the person looks similar to another person I know, and the actual likeness gets blurred between the two. Sometimes I just can’t get a handle on it. I met two people in the last few weeks, and I can see one of them very clearly, and the other is just out of reach, and it’s really getting to me. I like this person, I want to see her, and I feel bad I can’t. Pictures help here, but I can’t really take pictures of everyone I meet just to help me remember them. Or can I?
There’s a person that meant a great deal to me many years ago, who I haven’t seen in about 15 years, and I haven’t been able to see her very well for most of that time. I have two pictures of her, and you can’t really see her face in either. I like to believe that if I ever run into her, I’ll recognize her instantly. If not by her face, by hands that used to mesmerize me with their grace and, somehow, wisdom. I like to believe that.

I was looking at the schedule tonight, and it seems that I’ll never see Becca again. And my spellcheck wants to change her name to Mecca. Somehow, it makes sense.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can finally leave a comment. but it will appear as a response to butterscotch, which is not intended, but i will roll with it.

hey butterscotch, im becca. my name rhymes with mecca. as josh just pointed out. i work with josh. or i used to. i hope i still do. all this shit is news to me. i will be very very sad if micheline is trying to fire me without telling me.

josh, im no where close to fading. at least not with you. you couldnt be rid of me even if you really tried. maybe ill write you an email.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home