Friday, January 06, 2006

Should've said no.

I'm having problems printing for this show. Nothing is ever simple for me when it comes to making finished pictures that you can hold in your hand, or hang on your wall. I resolve to find a better way this year. There, I just came up with a new year's resolution. Oh yeah, and get a driver's license.
While 2005 ended with some interesting events in its final few weeks (firing, freakout, strike, etc.), the rest of the year wasn't as bad as I thought once I looked back and took attendance. I actually got on a few airplanes after unintentionally avoiding them for five years. I saw some grand tourist attractions in various parts of the country. More important was seeing some grand people in various parts of the country. In random order; Amy, Paul, George, Jennifer, Jaime, Lidiaemily, Famous, Juliana, and Diego. That's really what it's all about, right? What I didn't do was see enough of the right people here in NYC. Saw K, A, Tom, Jim, and Sam on the first, so I consider that visit starting the year off right. I haven't seen Kelli in five years, and I miss her, though I hope to see Jed and maybe some of his clan in a few months. (That's right Jed. Busy in April?)
The years leading up to 2005 were full of health problems, heartbreak, and four more years of the education president. 2005 sorta broke that streak, but it could have been better, and it could have been just a change in me. Breaking points are good for change, and breaking points were reached. Oh that reminds me, I quit one of my jobs in 2005. It's made me poorer, but hopefully easier to be around.
An obviously missing quality that I look for in a 2005 is that I didn't find the girl. I should probably resolve to actually look for her this year. Maybe she's resolving to look for me.
But while it's fun to think of inane crap like complaining about your life, or patting yourself on the back, let's always look at the bigger picture. That mess we made out of Iraq isn't getting any better, a major US city was just about washed off the map, and people that survived the earthquake in Pakistan and India are probably still freezing to death. It's easy to forget about that stuff for a minute with all the I'm-gonna-lose-weight-and-quit-smoking dreams, but you'll remember.
Over a hundred killed by bombs in Iraq today.

2 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

Searches end?

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i resolve to master my joystick. (it can mean so many things) the computer decided that for me. fun.

i wouldnt resolve to find a girl. its hard when yr looking, ya know. girls sense these things. maybe just resolve to spend more time places. cause girls are in places.

im making stuff tonight. but its late, and didnt think calling you was good. mom told me not to be rude.

becca

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home