Monday, September 25, 2006

Déjà vu, Groundhog's Day, and déjà vu.

I don't wanna hear another band whine about how tough it is to play the same songs every night. First of all, if you're lucky enough to have a gig every night, then that alone should prevent you bitching. But I've just spent a few nights in a whole other, non-musical, show-biz world, and let me tell you something; a headlining comedian at a club gig does THREE one hour long sets EACH NIGHT. I don't know how they do it. I have to admit I find it fascinating to hear the subtle differences in each set, but it's still the same material, just different links between each set-piece. Soon, I'm sure I won't find it interesting, and I'll tune it out like I do with bands. But for now, maybe I'll learn something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home