Saturday, August 26, 2006

I need to fix the dirty relays in my stereo.

I took the M train home tonight. I can't figure out where the bus stops are on Delancey. I walked in the rain after waiting around work for something better to happen. Better than walking to take a train I never take. The train I usually take is dead this weekend. There was no one to share a ride with, and I don't think I'd want to anyway. Sometimes you need a walk in the rain. Sometimes you need a walk in the cold harsh rain, to dry off with the strangers on a subway platform. With the mom who asks you where the train you're waiting for goes, but you're not sure where it goes once it's past your stop, and you feel like a phony, just taking her train a little bit into Brooklyn because taking it too far might put you too far out of your element. You feel like you let her down. Her and her five little kids, up way late, unsure of where they'll end up. How did that happen? Where were they? The train picks up all the passengers who would rather take the train that's more hip, but not working this weekend. I wonder who's on the bus. I know where the bus goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i took the bus. and then a cab. cause the bus took me to a useless train.

met a stranger in the cab, who has a band called "the Mayors of Williamsburg"

she said they sounded like "Power-Lounge"

10:16 PM  
Blogger josh said...

Were you able to hold in your laughter? I bet they're on the space.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home