Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ice.

There is a heater pointed at the damp socks on my feet, and my shoes are next to the radiator. That can only mean I got caught in the first significant storm of the season. 5am walking back from some happening, trendy spot, with three cohorts, trying to take pictures, wondering is the all-electroninc camera I mistakenly brought out for the night will survive getting dripping wet while I try to make the best of it and get a picture to justify the ice down my back and in my shoes. All in all, not a bad time.

We had a little problem with the headliner, and not just because they were unbelievably boring. They had to get schooled a little bit by the PM about their selfishness. Why is it bands don't realize that being late and missing and all other kinds of oblivious just fucks up the other bands on the bill? One of the bands got screwed out of their sound check because of this headliner's self-centered view of the world. Can't support these kinds of people, even if they're good. Luckily, these guys weren't.

All thawed out now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home