Friday, May 14, 2010

Referral.

If anyone in Maine needs a doctor, mine's moving there in July. He's really great, and really cares about his patients. He gave me his direct office line, and even called me from home on a saturday afternoon. Always good for telling it like it is in the fucked up world of health care, and hopeful for real reform, even if it takes money out of his pocket. Yesterday, when I complained about how my GI doc now uses an anesthesiologist for colonoscopies , he explained that there's a group that pays GI doctors to use anesthesiologists. That's on top of the thousands of dollars the unnecessary anesthesia cost my insurance company. (I can't even believe they paid it.) This is how we're keeping medical costs down? Anyway, he's sending me to a new GI guy who doesn't do that scam. So he gave me one last thorough going over (apparently, I have a young man's prostate) and sent me on my way with a sheet of paper telling me who he thinks my new doctor should be. Thanks for helping me through a rough nine years, doc.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Please give that "young man" back his prostate. He's gonna need it someday.
--DrNick

2:23 PM  
Blogger josh said...

I will not.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home