Saturday, April 23, 2005

You keep pushing my love...

...over the borderline. I just heard that song in the cab home. What exactly happens when your love gets pushed over the borderline? Is it a good thing, or a bad thing? I’m listening to the Duke Ellington version of The Nutcracker Suite. On my way up the stairs, I passed a white plastic cup containing a blue liquid. I entered my building with a delivery man, and a drug addict. It wasn’t raining like it was supposed to when I got off work. I had no motivation to walk around and take pictures without the rain, on a weekend night. There was a higher than usual drunken New Jerseian count. I want to stop missing people. Summer came early this year, and lasted about two days. I got a birthday present from my place of employment. I want to always have a long list of things to do. My mom probably broke her foot this week. She hasn’t gone to a doctor yet. Dana showed up at work and said, “I’m supposed to tell you to get this fucking band off the stage.” Hopefully, I will see her again tomorrow. I always seem to stay up really late on fridays. Scored myself four of those big spring-loaded clamps tonight. I really hope Kelli can come to Amy’s wedding. I seem to work six nights a week now. I want to find a woman who can take no for an answer. I’m faced with an offer to mix a band at the Knitting Factory. I love mixing the band. I hate mixing at the Knitting Factory. I like the term “art maker.” Rose is cloning herself. I have to go to Philly for Mother’s Day. I have six printers. I need to walk around midtown more often. I remember the first time I heard Borderline. I was in a hotel room, on vacation with my parents. We didn’t have MTV at home, so I was mesmerized by the hotel TV. The video of Borderline came on, and I thought to myself, “this is going to be a big hit.” I was right. The arrival of autumn this early in the year is exciting. Always my favorite time. A time for change, more than spring, and when I feel the most lost and confused. The times when anything can happen. Anything will come early this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home