Monday, July 04, 2005

A little better.

But I still feel like total shit. I have a fever. My hip hurts for some reason. My fireworks plans didn’t happen because I felt like total shit. I feel like I took the night off for nothing.
I couldn’t even make it out to dinner. The fourth is an odd day for me since it’s the birthday of a late friend. I’m generally okay with it, but feel like I should be around for anyone who needs to talk, or wants to just be with someone who understands. So dinner came to me. Thai delivered here for a friend and me. Then, I got to talk on the phone to someone who I haven’t talked to in a very long time. We talked of futures. Wants. The frightening prospect of future wants. Getting together this week. After making her late for her fireworks plans, we said goodbye, and I took my temperature.
100.4 was enough to get me into bed, but once the fireworks started, I had to try to watch since the sound was gonna keep me awake anyway. They were kinda disappointing again this year. Maybe my expectations are too high. Maybe it’s the obscured view I get from literally hanging out my window to see. Maybe I’m too old. Head throbbing, I went back to bed.
It seems like there are way more illegal fireworks than usual this year. The mayor’s in Singapore, so I guess he’s not able to take care of things at home. It’s close to midnight, and they’re still at it. Hard to get any rest.
A once a year opportunity to walk around with a camera while fireworks light up the sky, and it just didn’t happen. Frustrating. Sad.

1 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

Well I tried Vlad’s advice, and it didn’t work. Maybe the antibiotics I will pick up on my way to work will do the trick.
And I thought a Whinging Git was some kind of bird.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home