Thursday, April 19, 2007

Posted.

I'm not sure how I feel about the tapes and photos of the shooter being released to the public. My first reaction was that spreading his manifesto via all forms of media is not only exactly what he wanted, but condones his actions in some way. Then I hear it's "helping" people "understand" what happened. So, okay, here he is. Look at him. He's obviously nuts. That explains everything. But guess what? There's some kid out there watching the videos and thinking, "hey, it worked for him. I can relate to what he's saying, and look at all the attention he's getting." Why do I know that kid's out there? Because this guy mentioned the Columbine killers as martyrs. One kid's insane murderer is another kids idealistic hero.

But there's still another part of me that wants to believe that the second half of this rampage was set off because he had to stand in line at the post office. Now that's something I can relate to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home