Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What do I use?

What do I need?
What do I have that I neither use, nor need?
These are the questions I'm asking myself these days. There is way too much in here that just isn't necessary.
Does anyone want a Polaroid? Did they stop making film for them yet?
How about a sweater?
I missed my Solebury School 20 year high school reunion. I was going with K, but she couldn't make it in the end. There was that thought that some girl I had a crush on in 1987 would be there, and we'd live happily ever after, or at least until the end of the weekend, but I didn't lose any sleep over that admittedly unrealistic scenario. I really just wanted to drive around with K, though not exactly like the old days since she doesn't have any of the VW Beetles she owned back then.
There are a lot of theaters in this city. I went to one on monday that was really nice. It was a part of the French Institute on 59th street. Well equipped. Several levels under ground. (Cell phones didn't work.) You'd never know it existed if you weren't looking for it. Who knows how many more there are out there?
I'm not getting anywhere with those lists.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you rent a beetle? that might work. but they probably wouldn't have a tape deck to play my old tapes. I know what you mean about lists. They seem to be about achieving goals in the beginning, but then end up being measurements of things unatainable and your success. my sister has OCD and her thing is to make and re-make lists. I think that maybe we should just do stuff it we feel like it at the moment with a general direction in mind like "eat better food" or "see more art", and leave the lists for the groceries.
sorry i couldn't make the reunion. maybe I saved us from sheer boredom. i dunno' anyway we should take a car trip anyway. ill look into the bug.

7:15 PM  
Blogger josh said...

My lists are more like reminders than goals. I would put "see more art" on a list because if I don't see it in writing now and then, I might forget that art exists. Well, something like that.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home