Thursday, June 05, 2008

It was like someone threw a rat at me.

I finally finished developing all the film I shot before 2008. This week, a few from 2006 and 2007, and that's it. I'm not sure I like it. Not having a huge backlog of film makes me feel like I'm not shooting enough.
I've been really hungry all day, and eating tons. I did something to throw off my metabolism. And does anyone know how many grams of protein you're supposed to consume in a day? Young Josh thinks that he doesn't get enough, but we all found his claims that you need 130g a day to sound high. And his nutritionist girlfriend says you need 16 ounces a day, which is a little unbelievable.
Between the new metal trashbox, and the giant shrub planters, it's harder for the rats to see their route between the trash and the storefront on the other side of the doorway. The other night, while I was opening the door, a rat ran full speed into my foot. He was stunned for a split second, and then ran back from where he came. Rats are pretty blind.
I don't know how many people I've lost over the years. Not to death, but to quitting/getting fired. One day, they're just gone. I think it's a phenomenon more common in the club/bar/restaurant world than most workplaces. You never thought to get some kind of contact info, or you're surprised they didn't come find you to say goodbye, keep in touch, here's how you can find me, etc. Okay, I guess I'm not really surprised any more, but I'm occasionally disappointed. Just lost another one I was hoping to corrupt in some way. She really needed corrupting. Guess I could go find her at her church...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home