Monday, May 15, 2006

Appleworks sucks.

When I was in high school, there was this little junior high girl who was a violin virtuoso. Maybe she was 11 or 12. One day, Marc and I were in the room they gave us as a band rehearsal room, and this girl and her friend just happened to be hanging out. She sorta offhandedly told us at one point that she had perfect pitch. I proceeded to test her by playing different notes on the bass, and having her guess what the notes were. She got every one, and even correctly told me I was a little out of tune with one of them. Her name was, and still is, Elizabeth Pitcairn. Last week I heard her play and give an interview on the radio. Someone I'm proud to be able to say "I knew her when..." about.

There was a police chopper hovering around my neighborhood late last night. Big spotlight scanning across rooftops and buildings like a cartoon prison break.

"I knew what was art and what was shit. But sometimes the shit was more interesting." -Mary Woronov

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Responding to an earlier post: did you hang out in Dirty Frank's (and Little Pete's) in the early 80s by any chance?

2:50 AM  
Blogger josh said...

Not really. That was a few years before my time, and then I moved to NY.

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home