Friday, January 19, 2007

Happy Birthday.

I kept trying to take a nap today, but then someone would hammer something a few times, and my nap would end. Why do people bang on heat pipes? It used to be a signal to the super, who usually lived downstairs, to go crank up the boiler. It's an obsolete code now, but I guess maybe people see old cartoons and think they were made yesterday. People still press those buttons at crosswalks and think they actually change the light even though they haven't been in operation for years.
I bought a camera that I've always wanted to try. I figured if I didn't try it, I would spend the rest of my life wondering. (No, I didn't buy the camera to be a physical reminder of life.) Then, later that day, someone gave me the camera of his late father. That's sorta a big deal, and I prefer to think of it as a loan since I would not blame him for wanting it back for any reason at all.

Everyone should read KW's comment on the entry below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home