Wednesday, January 31, 2007

If you keep wishing me a happy birthday, some day you'll be right.

Another three AM developing session, this time listening to Eric Dolphy. Now I'm listening to Coast to Coast while wondering what I could possibly send Becca that could compare to the black-duct-tape-wrapped art package she last sent me. I love when the guests talk about extra terrestrials in an enthusiastic, yet matter of fact tone usually reserved for infomercials about vitamin supplements. Here's yet another unrelated picture.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent. happy birthday!

n.c.
noho

1:31 AM  
Blogger josh said...

Why isn't it noha? Or noham? Though I guess you are north of Houston.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got a point there.
the locals consider the "noho" tag to be yuppyish, or imported from outtatowners hoping to be hip, and are thusly offended by the term. but, so, perhaps they are partly right, and transplants just want an excuse to rattle off something new york-sounding. but, noha and noham sound just too close to nowhere i'd like to be. personally, i write "noho" as it's less syllables for my tendinitised arms to run with, but all this type here has now canceled out those gains...
adieu & happy birthday,
nc

11:42 PM  
Blogger josh said...

Yeah, Noha sounds like a place where jokes are banned, and Noham sounds very kosher. How about NoMA? You don't have to respond.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

unrelated: check out the song sample on disc 2 track 3 at http://www.amazon.com/Infiniment-Jacques-Brel/dp/B0002PUHGU/sr=1-21/qid=1171572159/ref=sr_1_21/104-1401570-4417510?ie=UTF8&s=music

3:49 PM  
Blogger josh said...

Hmmm. I guess I didn't write that song.

We did it better. Even though I never learned the B section.

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home